February 3, 2011

Is it harder than I thought?

I am finding that writing a blog, keeping it going, and making it interesting for the reader is not as easy as I had originally thought.  I think that it may be because I am putting to much pressure on myself: to sound witty, or clever or come up with the perfect headline and topic. I guess that would be the case for many people for a wide array of reasons and circumstances, PRESSURE - it can be evil (if we let it).
I know that when I am "trying" to come up with a new glass design or idea and struggle for hours to fulfill that need for a great new piece that it never really comes.  Only by accident and alot of patience ( and a few burnt fingertips) do I find what I am looking for.  No pressure just leisurely melting glass, experimenting with colors, becoming one with the glass and following "its"  flow, brings me closer to that Voila moment.  It seems that many Artists work in the same way.  We are creative, we have the eye but it is slow and natural progression to works of art...on any level.  I hope that through further writing of what is on my mind rather than forcing a thought will prove to be much more satisfying for me.  Sharing is something I love to do, and most that know me, know that I wear my life on my sleeve and will share most details without hesitation.  Sharing is the best form of creating a bond with someone and isn't that what we all really want...a bond?  a reason?  a connection?

1 comment:

  1. You are right... pressure can be so evil! That's why I'm working on motivating myself instead. And we are similar... I'm a big sharer if you hadn't noticed! I love that we both talk and talk :)

    ReplyDelete